Thursday, December 4, 2008

Of Christmas Fairs and Sketchy Service

China painted ornament in progress
for one of my husband's bosses


Finally! Internet access without interuption. There is nothing more annoying than service that is sketchy. All day yesterday I struggled with my computer and my internet service. It had gotten to the point where I decided to just close the computer and focus on work when I had down time. In that focus I had time to think and decided that I could not withstand the call to be a part of the church Christmas Fair this year. For three years I have wanted to sell my wares at this fair and for three years had declined the opportunity.

This year I am diving in head first into the event. For most of the day today I have been gathering everything ceramic I could find to sell at on my 8 foot table. Holy crow...when you say it like that it sounds so BIG! EIGHT FEET of surface to sell my wares? How the heck am I going to cover that kind of ground?! I have no idea but Im jumpin' in. If I don't sell anything the experience will build character and will be a hand's on lesson of what consumers, other than model horse consumers, want in the way of ceramics. One good thing is that no one else in that ENTIRE fair sells pottery. NO ONE. If this year is like the last three then I will have the market cornered on pottery. Wish me luck!

No comments: