Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1st

Peasant Stomper in progress


The first of Oct....

It's a cold, windy first of the month. The heat actually came on in the house and that smell of the warm air steamin' up through the radiators brought back memories of coming home from school in the fall. Something about that smell that just makes me want to hunker down with a nice pot of tea and draw.

Today I let myself just fall into that mode and drew...mice, of course. What else would be scampering about in my brain? Some peeping chicks perhaps, but I haven't actually taken my sketchbook out to the hen house to draw them. I certainly should because they will be grown before I know it. Until then, I'm letting the mice scamper about as they please. They are getting ready for the harvest.

They're back!

No comments: