Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I Made Today

Bloody shoulder PAM


I made a few things this week. I finally made it to finish on this Proud Arabian Mare I've been working on for months. Her production was time consuming but oddly satisfying. I'd get my brushes out and just fall into the "hairing trance". It was so theraputic. I took a few more shots of her before her tail was complete. As much as I'd like to keep her I must let her go. She'll be up at auction soon. Maybe Friday of this week?

I really had fun on her


Will be up for auction shortly


I also made some drawings. Mice...mice...mice.....what else would be on my brain once I get a crow quill in my hand? I loved the gal mouse with the little yellow dress on. She was my favorite. Just something about how floofy and billowy her dress turned out in ink. I captured movement just the way I wanted.

Mama and Baby
mixed media


Siblings
Mixed Media (for sale please email me.)


Mouse with the Yellow Dress
Mixed Media



Other things happening here in the studio is that I am preparing 2 more Lil Pumpkins for painting. I only have about 6 unpainted resins left for sale and Im happy about that as I seemed to have planned the run size appropriately. Last thing I need is extra stock. I must say that I am getting much enjoyment out of adding paint to my own sculpture. Its almost like putting clothes on a Barbie. Although, I must admit I hated Barbie as a little girl. I hated any doll of any sort. It was all animals and horses for me.

Well, off to the studio again!

No comments: