Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Great Weekend

Blue from the right side


What a great weekend! We all had a ball with April. We spent time at the beach, at the local park with my son, pastelled a pony or two on Friday night (Friday night pastel party anyone?) and we drank lots and lots of coffee and added a heaping amount of good talk to all of that which made for a great weekend. I'm always sad to see April leave and this time was even worse as I feel we had so much more to share and talk about. I love when good friends come to visit and now that my son is older, so does he. He asked where April was this morning and looked sad that she wasn't here to share breakfast with us.

Blue from the top


We took some great shots together and there is one I am dying to post, but for fear of embarrassing my friend I'll just send them off to her privately. They really turned out great and I'm going to send that one to the printer and hang it in my home. It just captured the three of us (me, April and Francesco) having a complete ball making the homemade pizza.

Blue from the left side


I got to bring the Fraley "Blue" drafter closer to finish while April was visiting. We worked on horses on Friday night. I've changed my painting techniques a bit and was happy to share these new ideas. I'm stuck with a dilemma now though. I'm madly in love with this drafter, but am afraid he has to go off to the auction block this week. Perhaps I'll name him "April Blues".
:)

No comments: