Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nerve Grinding

Tree Hackers


The studio and house has been plagued with an awful sound. A grinding buzz of tree being sawed. The most wretched and nerve grinding sound I can think of next to a dentist's drill. My heart actually races with panic when I hear trees being cut. I have never liked it and hate it even more now that I am living in a city that seems pretty treeless as compared to my beloved PA woods.

NYC's "Million trees" campaign is apparently alive and strong. One million is a pretty large number. Lord only knows where they put A MILLION trees! It certainly wasn't on our block. They actually chopped our trees up so terrible they are ridiculous to look at. They hit the old oak down the block today and the pretty little cherry blossom.

The Pac Man Peg tree. Ridiculous!


Perhaps I'm just in a bad mood. I can see how clipping a tree in the city would be beneficial to the cars and telephone wires. There are, however, several areas in Brooklyn that never get the buzz saw. The telephone wires and cars do just fine. Actually, the cars and houses look much better with such pretty trees about. Oh, and wires are hidden. So aesthetically pleasing.

But again, I'm sure I'm just in a bad mood. After all, my mold for the China Buffet show isn't dry yet and my deadline on that is looming. My porcelain bowls took 12 hours to fire and look wonky and rough. And the cherry on top is that I have to re shoot this JAH cover of which I have no desire since my vision was Alborozo on the beach in all his glory.

They want more "story." Not sure how to give more story. I firmly believe that gorgeous Eberl mold on the beach, the waves crashing ever so slightly was the story. I firmly believe less is more in some instances. And in this instance collectors just want to see the horse. Put him in the ultimate fantasy setting every little gal dreams of (on the beach) and you have a bombshell cover. I mean, even *I* was clamoring to get a mold of him and when he arrived I totally had to go to the beach and play with him. (Yes, I still play...you have to otherwise you will grow old!) Well, I got him, but he hasn't come without a price. Being grumpy has been the worst part of his price tag. >:(

No comments: