Thursday, September 18, 2008

Inspired by...

Inspiration is flowing. Must be the cool weather we are having. I feel rather renewed. Guess I was getting tired of all that sun and fun of summer. So, what is inspiring me?

An Oil Painting


Oil by Richard Stone Reeves


A few years ago my friend Daniella gave me a huge book of racing horses painted by Richard Stone Reeves. She was always thoughtfully looking out for good horse books for me. I have to be honest in saying that I hadn't really, REALLY looked at this book until recently. When I did sit down to study the oil paintings I was enthralled with their richness. I love the way Mr. Reeves handles the dappling effect in this particular painting. Those dapples were a jump start for me to start painting a Stone Chips model in dappled grey. I am very inspired.

Holes In The Rat


"Listen" mold getting another look


After casting my rattie sculpture "Listen" I became discouraged. There were many air holes in the silicone and a part of her ear was missing. I have been inspired to revisit these issues and get "Listen" into plaster without fail. My idea of adding small amounts of silicone to the air holes in order to hide them and make a more perfect piece to cast worked. I am very inspired.

Lastly, I am inspired to wish my best friend from home Abbi (aka: Icky Penny) a very happy birthday today! Happy Birthday chica!! I miss you!

No comments: