Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Mountain

Finishing touches being added to the
canvas painting using digital reference.
(This is about as clean as this section gets.)


The mountain painting is complete. This was an absolutely wonderful exploration in light, form and color. I'm fairly pleased with the way it all turned out and I'm very excited to take my bucket, paints and new canvases back out in the field soon. (If you missed the first part of this painting you can see it here.) As I was finishing up this piece, using reference photos I took that day, I had to stop and wonder what the spot looked like on a beautiful sunny day. I've made a point to see and paint it up and compare.

"The Mountain"
Acrylic on linen


"Tackle and Tumble"
Graphite and Watercolor on archival bristol


"Tackle and Tumble II"
Graphite and Watercolor on archival bristol



"Keep close to Nature's heart....and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~John Muir

No comments: