Monday, May 28, 2012

Sidewalk Treasure

A found egg.


While walking her dogs my neighbor saw an egg and immediately thought of me. She thoughtfully scooped it up and brought it to me to draw yesterday. I can't stop staring at this egg. It's just magnificent. The color and the spots and the shape are all intriguing to me. Unfortunately, there is a tiny crack in the egg and it is heavy with a tiny baby still inside. I'm going to keep it and see what happens. At some point I might be tempted to open it just to draw what is inside.

My drawing is a poor rendition of the real thing.

Graphite and watercolor on watercolor paper.


Aside from all these still life studies there is quite a bit of model horse painting happening. These are just two of many that are near finish. I have the urge to take their final studio shots in a full background set up complete with trees and props. I haven't taken shots like that in a long time.

"Maggie" getting final tweaks.


"Lil Pumpkin" getting final tweaks.


No comments: