Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mice and China

New Halloween Mice Designs


Mice and china seem to be a very good mix for me. Not only am I enjoying this romp with the subject of mice, I am loving the fact that each piece I create is set in stone, or, rather, it is set in china. It's permanent and won't be ruined by air, or water or non archival paper or bad paints. It will last until the piece is broken.

I am exploring some new areas of china painting including scrolling. I haven't had much success with making scrolls with a brush so I turned to the crow quill. I was able to produce some fairly decent scrolling on this green box with the pen. Hopefully the scrolling and red paints survive the kiln.

Decorative box


All these pieces will be for sale so please be sure to stay tuned here or to my news group.

No comments: