Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cause....

A study in house paint and fur


Cause...

...it's just so much fun to look at these old photos. I still have these horses, including the study in house paint and fur. She gave up her back legs eventually for a broken Indian Pony (who refused to stay fixed) and is in my body box here in Brooklyn. I have no idea why I felt the need to let her tag along. Perhaps I will use her head for a project some day. Maybe someday soon!


San Domingo struttin'
and Black Beauty winning a rough race.
Notice the hoof prints in the sand? I remember
that scene being very labor intensive.


I was given another "How to" article to write for JAH and this article will revolve around some simple remaking of a horse head. Nothing too over the top, just a how to add markings to a head. They sent me two of my favorite molds for the project. The Yellow Mount mold and the Halla mold.

I LOVE Halla. She was a great piece to play with when I was young (I have my original mold here in my Brooklyn collection too) and I am dying to chop the head off the new one that arrived. I want to lower the neck and create a pretty cm remake. It's been a while since I made a plastic remake. It seems like it was just yesterday when that was the only type of remaking there was in our industry. Time sure flies!

No comments: