Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day Trip

Snoozin' after a long hard day of travel


The best part about living in New York City is being able to hop a train (or plane for that matter) and go pretty much anywhere with ease. Today I took a day trip out to Mount Arlington, New Jersey to pick up the new rattie babies. The trip was very scenic and the time away from the familiar was welcomed. I can't thank the Meghan of Paper Heart Rattery enough for allowing me to adopt these two cute little gals from her and for being so kind and wonderful today.

The gals have settled in already and it's been such a nice change of pace watching young, healthy pets bounding about their cage. I had been watching sickies since February. My entire crew were up in age and got sick and then passed and each passing was just heartbreaking because I had spent every day with these pets. I almost forgot what it was like to have a young rattie in the house. Its nice and I've already started to bond with Petunia. I believe she will be the first to train. The other one found the famous hiding spot near the wheel and as you can see, is utilizing it. That is ok. All in good time.

Today was a long, but fruitful day even if I didn't do a stitch of art work. The time away has replenished my urge to work and has inspired me.

Petunia's first photo shoot


Smile!

No comments: