Tuesday, October 26, 2010

If...

Quick shot of studio desk


If you visited me this is what you'd see on my work desk. I like to work several pieces at once as this keeps me very ingaged and fresh and it's quite a lot of fun for me to juggle several pieces at once. Today I enjoyed working with oils and used some dry brushing techniques. I could feel the artist's high kickin' in almost immedately. Oh yes, the artist's high is real. It kicks in with one or many good projects....and it IS addictive.

Imp resin to blanket appy


After two weeks I start going crazy without art. After three weeks I go insane and if more than five weeks pass I'm just a pile of goo not comprehending much of anything. I've learned that art is the only thing that has remained true in my world. It always teaches a good lesson, it always brings joy and it never disappoints. Never. I can always rely on art. Always. So...my bets are on art. ;) Of course, sometimes art throws a strange curveball which I've learned to be ready for. Check this paper out!!! It was so much fun that I had to purchase the notebook when I was in Staples. I could totally see words on the lines and illustrations to accompany the lines above. I never knew such paper existed. You learn something new every day and hay, if you want to snare an artist dangle pretty notebooks or cool paper in front of them. It works like a carrot....every time!

Waiting for words and images!

No comments: