Tuesday, February 5, 2019

NaMoPaiMo 2019



Brigitte Eberl's "Cerberus" resin
waiting to get painted.

NaMoPaiMo 2019 has begun!
This is the model horse industry's time to come together and paint a horse and share their journeys! It is a time of being together as collectors and artists. Even if one has never painted a model horse before, the celebration of NaMoPaiMo is the time to start! Participants pick one model horse, a color, and they determine what they would like to achieve and then they start in on their project.

This year I have chosen another one of my nakid resins from my personal collection to paint and to explore color theory with and on. The Cerberus resin has been in my collection for a long time and I have always envisioned him as a dappled bay with very dark points. I never dove into painting him for two reasons. One, I never seem to have enough time to paint my own pieces and two, I was afraid Id mess him up. I had envisioned these lovely dapples running throughout his barrel and on his neck and I could never figure out how to make them look the way I was seeing them in my head. There aren't too many of this mold around and messing him up would be upsetting. But, NaMoPaiMo is about diving in and just doing it and learning. So, off I go....

If you'd like to learn more about NaMoPaiMo and join next year, check out the official Facebook page.

No comments: