Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Waiting...

I admit it...I'm hooked


3:15 PM...

...and time is really going slow as I wait for my niece to get home from school. She has promised to bring me the next book in the Twilight series to read. Ok, I admit it....I'm hooked. It wasn't my fault though! I sware! It was a combo of discovering Paper Back Swap online, which rekindled my urge to read, and finding that silly book about a queen vampire named "Betsy" on top of the garbage heap on the street about a month ago.

After I finished "Undead and Unwed" I decided to trade it in on PBS for another vampire book. "Why not dive into Twilight?" I thought. That was four days ago. I've never been so hungry for words or to find out what happens next in a book. I never ever read that fast. I never ever had a reason to. My mind is always on a million things with a combo of drawing or painting or creating something playing along side thoughts at the same time. It's like a room with multiple TV screens all playing something different. It is very rare for my mind to focus on one thing for any length of time. Focusing on Twilight, and only that, was actually very therapeutic for me.

Commission for a Mini Ravenhill


Ok, ok, I admit it...I also begged my niece to bring over the dvd. I need to see the movie too. And while I sit and watch it tonight I'll have two pieces by my side to work on. A foal that is being painted a flashy appy and the Mini Ravenhill to blue roan appy. Although, I'm thinking I doubt I'll get much work done on them, but the intention will be there.

3:25 PM...

...still waiting....

No comments: