Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Wrap Up

Proud Arabian Mare
currently at auction


The wrap up before school ends for summer is a frantic time. The weeks seem to speed up and the days are a blur. That has been the case here in the household and studio this month. As fast as I try to get things in gear for the summer months the faster I seem to keep falling behind. It is always at this point in time when unexpected jobs come in.

This past weekend I was treated to a china painting commission with hydrangeas. These are one of my favorite flowers to look at, enjoy and paint. I was very satisfied with the way this box came out as I was going for a soft watercolor feel. It was commissioned to present and hold pearls as a gift. The new owner was very happy and that always makes me happy too.

China painted box


The long hours spent with the PAM came to a conclusion this past Sunday as well. It is with heavy heart I will let her go. I've enjoyed the process of learning with this one. Some pieces just teach you more than you can ever expect. These photos are the few that I just love. Her hairing came out as I had envisioned along her neck. That was most definitely my favorite place to paint.

Face detail on PAM


Hairing detail on PAM

No comments: