Friday, September 24, 2010

New Pendants and a Mini Maj

New Glass Pendants


I've been plastered to my studio desk these last couple of weeks. It's been a trying few months for me and a sabbatical away from work was actually not a very good thing for me. I need to work. I love to work and with all that has transpired in my life I am finding that nothing calms or rejuvinates quite like working and creating at my desk space. I feel somewhat sane again. I have ventured into playing with glass tiles and I'm finding it rather fun. The final effects are very stunning and I made a few pendants for Halloween which I think I'll have for sale soon.

Mini Maj in buckskin going grey
Currently For Sale


I also finally finished the Mini Maj and found the exploration in oils on this guy to be very fascinating. I loved how the transparency of the lighter colored oils were able to bring richer depth to the piece without creating a "chalky" appearance. I quickly started a Mini Fab after I started experimenting with the glazes on this guy because I wanted to make sure I captured the same effect but in silver dappled dun. Im very hooked on oils and glazing at the moment.

No comments: