Sunday, November 14, 2010

More Sketching

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with all of this, but it feels right and my soul feels happy. So onward I sketch. What is pretty cool is that these are just snippets of characters roaming about in a town that is unfolding in my brain. It unfolds like a movie. Slow at first then it speeds up and I have to visually grab the characters and pull them on the side, study them and flesh them out on paper. Once the movie starts rolling I just have to run, grab paper and start sketching. I'm on a most exciting journey.

More sketching...










I must confess that this guy is my favorite from this sketching session. There is just something so endearing about his will to go on despite his physical deformity. Perhaps he just reminds me of my little gal Nala who I know I must put down. The time has come. Her tumor grew....there is nothing more to do I'm afraid. Even in her awful state she continues to inspire. It's time though and I've grown selfish with her. Perhaps that too is why I Iove this sketch. In a weird way it immortalized her willing spirit one last time before saying goodbye.

No comments: