Friday, March 12, 2010

Back

Proud Arabian Mare in progress


Well, I guess you could say I took a bit of time off from blogging. I sorta felt the need to be away for a while. Some weeks are just like that. You need to get away and break routine. There hasn't been much happening in the studio to be honest. I'm working steadily on visiting commissions and posting the photos and outcomes as fast as I can up on the official studio Facebook page. It's been easy to post quick sentences there. (Here is the link if you'd like to check it out: The Art Of Jenn Danza)

In between the commission work I have managed to make some serious progress on the sales PAM! I'm incorporating new techniques and am loving the freedom and ease of fine oils after the pastels are applied. I can sit quietly for hours just adding detail and not have them dry so fast or get frustrated as the extender dries too quickly. I never felt a connection with oils outside of canvas work but I'm happy to say that I feel happy and at ease using them most recently. The photo of the PAM was taking rather quickly with the camera on my phone. Its blurry with very little detail, but I do promise to get a nice shot of her soon for you to see. I feel confident in showing one side of her head soon.

My gal Falcon laying an egg


My hens have all started laying eggs. It's been a most exciting time here in the house and I must say that the eggs are delicious! I absolutely love the position the hens get into right before they lay. Its a beautiful compact shape that I am dying to capture in both pencil and clay.

No comments: