Thursday, April 15, 2010

Up Along The Horizon

Up! Up! Up!


There is so much coming up along the horizon here! From a new gardening season to the release of the second batch of unpainted LIl Pumpkin resins, I am filled with inspiration and excitment at all the new happenings.

The first batch of Lil Pumpkins was released already and sold out. I am thrilled at having to box them all up and send them out to new homes. Thank you to everyone interested in her. I anticipated releasing the second batch right after Easter but couldn't resist painting the first artist choice up in appaloosa before the release. I hope to get a much better shot of her over the weekend to show you.

Lil Pumpkin In Progess


Formation of a new base


In the meantime, I am struggling with making a cute little base for her. The Artist Choice pieces will have a full base with resin tree and beautiful footing. I wanted this first one to have a bit of height to it. I tried to make height using paper mache but it is just failing badly. I couldn't remember what hubby used for his Warhammer pieces. Apparently it was foam. We had a TON of it here....once. LOL I hate having to throw stuff away in the studio cause you never know when you'll need it.

I really need foam now.

Ill figure things out Im sure. Nothing plaster can't fix. Nothing hot glue can't help remedy. In the end something "cool" looking for the first Lil Pumpkin to stand on is all I need. Something cool and fun.

No comments: