Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In Loving Memory



....of my Aunt Carol who passed away this afternoon.

I wasn't there
When you passed away,
When God took you by the hand
And said follow me this way.

I couldn't bring
Myself to see,
What horrible things
This disease had done to thee.

I'd like to remember you
The way you were.
I think this to myself,
But is it really true?

As you laid in the shadow of death
I pray you felt no fear,
God rest your soul
As you took your final breathe
And shed your last tear.

Where are you going?
What will you see?
Your pain is over,
But what about me?

You didn't show fear
While those around you wept,
My fondest memories of you,
In my heart is where they will be kept.

Ashes to Ashes
And Dust to Dust,
You have passed to a better place
And in this we must trust.

I wasn't there
When you passed away,
When God took you by the hand
And said follow me this way' -© By Victoria L. Bray

We had just found out she was diagnosed with cancer. It was aggresive and took her quickly. I was hoping to get home soon. I was going to make a point to see her no matter how she felt or how she looked because of the treatments. I feel like I haven't seen my family in ages and this year have only seen them when bad things happen.

No comments: