Thursday, January 14, 2010

Goodbye and Hello

Sweet chicken gear


So...the big boy is gone.

Goodbye. :(

Hopefully off enjoying his time crowing at a sweet Pennsylvania farm. My rooster left me on Tuesday and it was bittersweet to say the least. In talking to one of the heads of the animal rescue I found that sometimes they do have a need to place hens in new homes. I've placed my name on the rescue.

I want to publically thank everyone who took the time to email me and talk about the chickens and just offer their thoughts on the "saga". Thank you. I haven't had a moment to sit down and write you all personally but I will very shortly.

Of course, now I have become very aware of "chicken art".

Hello!

I never really noticed it before but some of it is slowly making it's way into my home. I also have some sketches down in the ol' sketchbook for some "raku chickens". I have no idea where that idea is gonna take me but Im rather excited about forming something, hollowing it out and then firing it up with raku glazes.

For now, I'm still taking care of house things. I'm growing ever impatient with myself and the images that keep flashing in my head as I'm dusting and organizing. I won't touch clay or paint till the 25th of January though. I made a promise to myself. House first...then studio.

No comments: