Monday, August 19, 2013

First Tooth Box

Small porcelain box ready
for paint and designs.

Last time I china painted was back in 2010. Although the urge to put brush to porcelain has been there all this time since leaving Brooklyn I really haven't had an extreme push to do so until a very good friend had a baby most recently.

As I went through the list of baby items she needed and was to receive there was one that no one could find in a store. One gift I felt would be perfect for her. One that she wouldn't need too soon, but would need one day and so I decided to pull out the china paints once again after such a long hiatus and make a first tooth box for her.

Believe it or not, after all that time the paints were still fresh in their little metal containers and the lavender oil still smooth. After the third layer of building color and shape I realized I was back in the saddle again and missing the art of china painting.

I documented the process.












No comments: