Saturday, August 3, 2013

Painting on The Lake


Over the past few weeks I have grown increasingly fond of a lake that is not too far from my home. I had been invited by some new friends to come and paint the landscape, so I grabbled the first opportunity that came about to do so.

The day was absolutely perfect, but the entire lake and beautiful backdrop of mountains in the distance was trumped by the sight of some small water plants sticking out from the water near the dock. I just couldn't resist painting them. It became a huge challenge to paint these small plants as people were water skiing and paddling boats about the water. Their actives produced an abundance of ripples in the water which was hard to capture with paint.

I couldn't help documenting the process as it unfolded.














"The Water Plants"
Acrylic on cotton canvas
14" x 11"

No comments: