Friday, December 30, 2016

I Dislike...

Ugly paneling in the mudroom.

I disklike paneling. Period!

I grew up in a house filled with dark brown paneling. It was what was in style back in the late 60s early 70s and my father loved it and placed it in every room of my childhood home. When I purchased my home a few years ago I found, to my dismay, that a few rooms had the ugly stuff cover the walls. I knew I'd eventually repaint those walls.

Having closed my studio to model horse work and art work in general until the first week of 2017, I decided that this small vacation time would be the perfect time frame to paint those ugly walls in my laundry/mudroom.

This technique involves two different colors, some light layered washes, and some beat up old chip brushes, and in the end I believe the look is clean, fresh and reminiscent of an old country barn. Overall, it solved my hatred of the walls. I love them now! I now have a room that features some of my simple country decor and some seaside decorations. I call this room the "Country Seaside" room.

The best brushes are the old ones.


Now the space has a more
"barnyard/country" feel.

No comments: