Thursday, October 29, 2009

Where To Start?

Wins from the Pocono Ponies Live show


Hmm...

I'm not sure where to start. I think my head is still in a fog over the great time I had at home visiting my parents and attending the Pocono Ponies Live show this past Saturday. There is so much going on studio wise here that I think if I stop to process it all my head will explode. I really don't know how I'm going to get ready for the December Christmas Fair or even if my mind wants to wrap itself around this concept now two days before Halloween, but alas, next week my hands will be deep in the mud making useful items like mugs and creamer sets for Christmas. I guess the best place to start is to just run down all that I am working on so you can get an idea of what is coming down the pike.

Kiln loaded and ready for firin'


1). Little mice on more porcelain boxes.
Yep, at this very moment I have quite a few offerings cooking (hopefully for the last time) in the kiln. Little mice (and one lonely bunny) either dressed for Halloween or waiting the harvest is in there cookin. There is even a miniature pitcher and basin in this bunch. I was hoping to unveil everything yesterday, but I'm thinking a weekend sale will be more realistic.

2). The new Christmas ornament for 2009 has been cast and the plaster mold is currently in the warm, dry boiler room drying out. I'll begin pouring molds in about a week and a half. I "may" have a handful of resin copies for sale. I'll definitely be giving one away. Not sure where I'll do that though. On my twitter page....or on my blog. Hmmm....

"Lil' Pumpkin"
my newest original sculpture


3). Ahhh....Lil Pumpkin my pudgy little backyard pony is now fully complete. She came with me to the show and I had alot of fun showing her off. She will remain a very limited run in resin and she will also be offered in china. I have been enjoying her finish this week because soon her little self will be encased in silicone so a copy can be obtained and that copy can be sent to the caster. I will, as I have in the past, use Mountain View Studios. They do a beautiful job casting. Im excited to have a few copies to try out a ton of colors! I can taste a appy Pumpkin!

4). The Hedgie family
was also encased in silicone this week and a successful mold was made. I am currently creating the plaster mold for this family. They will be a china only production. Im not sure if I'll make them realistic or if I will paint them up in fun colors like lavender and pink. What's your view? Realistic hedgehogs or something fun?

5). Other sculpts in the works are: "Chilly" the little mouse with a scarf, "The Sleepy Little Puppy" who will come complete with a ball. Each puppy will be a OOAK, "Big Pillow" is a mouse on a big pillow. Each will be a OOAK and lastly Leela and Ophelia are well on their way to finish.

Good gracious there is more but diner calls and homework is in need of completion. Homework for my son that is. He actually likes doing it now so bonus for me the mom.

Keep a watch on my twitter page for news flashes and if you haven't joined my ceramic news group please head on over and join. Any china production will be announced here: Danza Ceramics News Group

No comments: