Saturday, December 12, 2009

Boxes....Everywhere!!!

Parrot sketch for china


Boxes...they are all around me. The are even in my sleep.

I'm near the end of the "boxes project" and I will be happy to put china painting to rest for a spell. At least until sometime in January. I'm seeing boxes all around. I can't look at a magazine without thinking how that centerpiece in the shot will be nice reference for the roses around the dog or the parrot. Everything I see, if I'm not paying attention, turns into a china painted piece in my head. Sorta like a video or movie that happens inside there. I see paint smooshing around and forming images. It's both cool and annoying at times when I'm tired.

First layer of china paints


When this happens I know I've reached the end of the project and it's time for a break. I hope to have the very last piece of this box project done by Monday and I can reveal all the pretty pieces that were created. I'm actually really happy with most of them (there are always one or two that never come out as planned) and I feel I made huge strides in color application and rose formation. I just sorta figured it all out of a need to complete the project.

Now though, time to become human again and help decorate a Christmas tree. Of course I won't go without my sketchbook and brand new ceramics book to flip through! I mean, there is only so much tree trimming I can take before my mind starts crying to be fed more art.

No comments: