Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well...about those eggs

Duck


Duck


GOOOOOSE!


WEll....
I can't even begin to express my disappointment in discovering that "Penny" my *cough* hen wasn't developing more rapidly because of grabbing more of the treats. No. She *cough* was developing her comb and waddles so fast cause she's a HE!

I'm now down to 3 egg laying hens and have found myself in one hell of a pickle. No one anywhere wants a rooster and I really didn't sign up for this. I was guaranteed all hens from the company. They apologized and offered me a free chick next time I place an order with them, but in all honesty, I can't order from them again. I know nothing about sexing chicks but others I know who have had day olds never had this "sexing" problem from their suppliers.

I'm sure there is a lesson wrapped up in here somewhere. I can't help but feel like I'm really missing it and I also can't help but feel like I've wasted ALOT of time here. I'm frustrated. Hopefully "Pennington" (thanks Karen!) will be able to find a fine home other than in our tummies.

No comments: