Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shelves

My garage: the catch all for future projects.

It's been close to a week now that I've been on the hunt for a new shelving unit in order to replace my old one that has seen better days.

It's been a very difficult search for not only nice shelves, but sturdy ones. I didn't find anything and after I realized I was just wasting my time going from store to store with no luck, I decided to start thinking creatively. I figured if I sat in my garage long enough some idea would come to me and it did.

I seem to acquire furniture like tables, chairs, and decorative do-dads that are broken but could be cool if given lots of TLC. Dressers seem to like my garage...a lot and I have acquired three. Please don't ask. I have no idea how this happened. I am happy, however that it did because the one dresser will now be repurposed and used as my new shelving unit. I just pulled the drawers out, propped them together and they made great shelves! All the shelves need now is securing and a nice paint job. The shelves are not as wide as the older unit, but they will be sturdy.

Dresser drawers repurposed as shelves!!




No comments: