Friday, February 8, 2013

French Chic Table (Part I)

A fun find at the Salvation Army.

I love a good bargain and if I can't find anything good out on the curb on garbage day I hit the local Salvation Army. There is always something fun there to take home and repurpose. Last time I visited my need to paint something in the "French Chic" style was greatly satisfied with this little end table. It was wobbly but had much character and for $2.92 I couldn't pass up the bargain.

The process of turning a piece into a French chic gem is fairly simple. Distress haphazardly, prime, paint and then shadow distressed areas with oil washes. For this piece though I've envisioned also adding some French laser transfers which should be fun. At the moment though, I have no idea what images I'll use. Right now Im just enjoying the fact that this little table distressed so easily and nicely. Part two later in the weekend.

A bargain!

Table adornment removed and filled
with Aves Apoxie.

Aves can be sanded and painted.

Distressing the surface with a hammer.

The middle is left unmarred
because I'll add some printed words there eventually.

A few coats of white primer starts
the painting process

No comments: