Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here...just occupied

Rice bowl in blue and brown


I'm here. I've just been a bit occupied with family and with clay. There were several days where I logged on but just didn't have the urge to participate any where or answer emails. I suppose I needed a break from all things technical cause it sure felt good to be alone at my pottery wheel these past few days.

The cutest little fingers


The other day I even felt the urge to get really muddy, or rather dirty, and plopped my hands right in with my son's and finger painted with him. My once bare studio walls are now alive with colorful paintings of little hands and squiggly lines. It was great to get lost in that childhood activity.

I've also been on a roll with the clay work. The pieces felt great when I was making them and they don't seem half bad on film either. I'm very happy with my progress. I was never able to make such nice vessels when I was taking a ceramics class in college.

Well, its late and sleep is all I can think of now. I'll leave you with quite a few shots of my most recent pottery pieces. Enjoy!


~Newest Pottery Pieces~



Sake set




Tall vase...too tall for my kiln actually.


Larger vessel


A geometric style vase


Just completed tonight


Coffee mugs waiting for glaze


The "love" vase

No comments: