Friday, May 16, 2008

Mush

Porcelain Painted Box



Mush...

That about sums up my wheel throwing this evening. Everything I did turned into mush. I think I may need a break from the wheel for a few days. I am happy to say that I was able to trim up almost all the vessels I threw the other day. I'm centering (for trimming) much better now. I even made a little tea cup for my son. He watched me trim it and thought it was cool to watch the wheel going round and round.

We are coming up to another busy weekend here. One of the events is a first holy communion party. We decided it might be best to make a gift and then add a beautiful store bought rosary to the gift.

Inside box


It took about two weeks to china paint this piece. The most difficult part of this box? The little girl's name. Took me over an hour to get it just so. Write it down, view it, shake head, wipe and repeat. That name in particular is tricky. So many loops! Hard with a crow quill on porcelain.

No comments: