Monday, May 19, 2008

Typical MO? Busy, as Usual

Huge party


Every weekend I seem to mention a party or family get together of some sort. These functions completely shut down my studio. I can't even think of popping my head in after the affair either. In a way it's hard to explain how very involved our weekends can be here if you've never experienced it first hand so I took a photo this past weekend of a first holy communion party we attended. This is just one of many functions we have for the spring/summer. Yes, the never ending lights you see are not an illusion that IS how large the room was. Awesome party! Really awesome. We all had fun and after working hard all week it was just what we all needed.

Studio wise the China Buffet Show medallions are complete, packed and getting ready to be mailed tomorrow. I'm excited to see how the showholder glazes them. She chose to glaze them herself.

China Buffet show prototype


I did get to glaze the first one for the show holder to view and approve. I'm very happy with the way it came out. I love the little horse head. I'm thinking of popping it off the backing and using it for my RESS article on mold making for newbies. It's small enough and compact enough to help create a competent article.

My "Sucre" resin arrived on Saturday. Packages mailed from Lynn's arrive so fast. I have to be honest, I LOVE having these resins in my hands before the general public. Getting that little "edge" on things has been really awesome. I can't thank Lynn enough for including me in her "Painter's Program". "Sucre" is lovely. Just a beautifully feminine Arabian mare standing with the breeze blowing through her mane. Bloody shoulder IS going to be gorgeous on her. I'm bursting to start her.

Well, our cookies are baking. Time to check them. Nothing like the smell of cookies in the air with an excited toddler about! Pure happiness!!! I love it! :)

No comments: