Wednesday, December 10, 2008

After the Excitement

Playin' on the Doodleboard


After the excitement of the weekend finally settled I looked around and found that the house and studio were pretty much in an uproar. Boxes, bags, clothes, art, mail, bills, Christmas presents arriving and half made presents were all strewn around the studio and house. There was an overall lack of organization throughout so I made the decision to take half the week off from anything artistic and work on getting things in order.

Of course, late at night I've been taking time out for myself to enjoy a nice cup of tea and some Simon Leach videos on You Tube. I've been wanting to explore the "mug" more fully in January and since now is a tough time to be studio bound with the holiday in full swing I figured I'd take in as much instruction online as I can during this busy time. Simon Leach is probably my favorite potter. I just love his pottery, of course, but most especially enjoy his easy going attitude about making pottery. He is most inspirational to me.

No comments: