Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday

Raku sculpture


Thursday already.

Where the heck did the week go? When you love what you do it sure flies. Between trying to finish up lingering summer commissions and pumping out new raku and stoneware for the fall season, I've been busy. Of course, I always seem to be up to something that keeps me rather occupied. A part of me is gearing up for the start of a new school year for my son. A part of me is whining at the thought of summer ending. Our fig tree has yet to produce ONE good fig to eat. It was just too cold and rainy in June to pump that little tree along. I'm bummed. Its not summer till you eat a warm sweet fig from the tree. Yum.

Of course, fall means more commission openings in the equine department. I may open things up to at least one Traditional sized piece this time around. I like painting them. I just enjoy painting the sm sized pieces more these days. I guess I like a powerful punch in a tiny package.

Well, dinnertime. Enjoy your evening!

New lidded stoneware

No comments: