Saturday, November 14, 2009

Even MORE!

OOAK Hand painted
Mouse Card
(Acrylic on Bristol)


Day three....I'm a painting fool. I can't stop. Images and critters and horses galore are all bursting to come out. I guess it was only a matter of time before the illustration side in me was going to explode. I've only been ignoring it for a long time now. Every so often I draw my mice on porcelain, but haven't done an all out illustration on canvas in several years. Needless to say, I'm having a lot of fun.

All those years of painting 3-D pieces really helped me build more confidence when I paint on a flat surface. I know each artistic endeavor helps all others, but when I stopped illustrating I did so because I was frustrated with the business and frustrated with my skills. I had plateaued and didn't know how to get to the next level so I turned to painting what I loved: model horses.

"Start of Winter"
2" x 2" acrylic on canvas
SOLD


It feels great to get the paint from my head onto the canvas just the way I envisioned it. It feels great to be off that plateau I have been on for so long. Now, I wonder, how will my 3-D pieces be effected after this grand explosion of the flat surface? It's a very exciting time and I can hear my portable easel whispering to me. It might be time for new, but familiar adventures.

How sweet are these mini canvases?
Shot showing sides


"The Dancer in Purple"
2" x 2" acrylic on canvas
SOLD



"Humpf"
2" x 2" acrylic on canvas
SOLD

No comments: