Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ups and Downs

New ornament design
in the green ware stage


A day of ups and downs.

That's the description of today in a nutshell. Had some ups and had some downs. The best "up" was most definitely cleaning my new Christmas ornament because I have struggled for weeks with this design and I finally have the mold in working order. I had to let go of the lovely flow-y mane for a choppier one, but it's ok. I'm just happy to see the piece come to fruition. I hope to have at a few fired by tomorrow and at least one glazed by the weekend. It should prove to be a lovely piece for the tree.

Another "up" was receiving the first Christmas presents from one of my dear online friends. I took this shot before I opened it. It was wrapped so pretty and I sat and just enjoyed it fully. The piece inside (a ceramic) was gorgeous. I'm totally inspired! I've also solved a few problems I was having with pin designs through this gift. I will treasure it not only for it's beauty, but for the knowledge it afforded me. Thank you! You know who you are! It totally made my day.

I love that tag!


The "down" part today was having to turn down another job for 2010 because my kiln is too small. I could not, in good conscience, go forward with accepting something I know I could never produce. Even if I do get a kiln in early January I couldn't commit knowing that right now I don't have the equipment to fulfill the order. This "too small" issue needs to be resolved within the first quarter of the new year. No matter how painful it might be now. It needs to be tackled.

No comments: