Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting Away

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware


For half a week I really tossed and turned over the idea of just dropping everything and taking a mini vacation. An invite was extended and the pressure was on to make a decision. Fresh from moving, with boxes lying just about everywhere in the house and commissions being held at bay on the shelves, I just couldn't see the logic in going. There was just too much to do. But then I saw the pictures Francesco was drawing. They weren't his normal happy drawings. They had a touch of melancholy to them and way too much black grey and blue color to them. It was at that moment I decided that everything could take a back seat. It was apparent both Francesco and I needed a break and some time to laugh and just enjoy, so when my adopted brother Tony suggested I come down with his friends to enjoy 2 days at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware, I finally accepted.

I don't think I've laughed as much and as hard as I did this past weekend. Honestly, I think I was a teenager the last time I laughed so hard and for so long. Every day brought hi jinx and laughter for both me and Francesco. The sand, sun, waves and smiles on my son were just what I needed to rejuvenate my spirit. Of course, I never go anywhere without my sketchbook and there were so many interesting bodies to draw at the beach. I was in overload. These were some of my favorite from the vacation:

Sketches on the Beach of Rehoboth


LOVED his belly
and loved the fact that he was eating


Fun angle to draw


She was rockin' these
huge sunglasses


Loved the hat/glasses combo


All in all, it was the right decision. We had so much fun and I am personally ready to tackle everything in the studio and the house. I'm even ready to do battle with the push mower again.



That one totally
snuck up on us!


No comments: