Monday, June 6, 2011

More Odd Finds....The Wetbox.

He's really furry now.


As I continue to pack up the basement studio I continue to find odd things. Things like the wetbox I forgot about. A wetbox is a covered box filled with a bit of dried plaster which is kept moist and is used as a holding station for ceramic pieces waiting to be cleaned or waiting for parts, like tails, to be added to them at a slightly later date. The box keeps everything moist. Turns out I let all these pieces wait a little too long. Two years two long I think. This is apparently what happens to porcelain when it's left in a wetbox and forgotten over a couple of years. They get strangely furry. Ahh well....

Would have been a cute dumbo rat sculpt.


Wetbox complete with dried up pieces


In any case, I had to toss everything in the trash. I tossed, but didn't look.

On a happier note, I have finished the "Oliver" resin and wanted to share him with you. This is the third Oliver I've painted and I can't seem to get enough of this little one. He's quite a lot of fun to paint. My new favorite resin to play with.

Sales item coming soon.
Sale announced on both Yahoo and
my official Facebook page.

No comments: