Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boxes and Busy weeks

Donation to the Meows & Minis show


It's only been two days into the new week and so far its been a very busy one. Breyer's new "Newsworthy" model arrived yesterday. I'm very excited about this one and am searching for the perfect color to repaint him in. Also, Sarah Mink's "Vixen" and "Imp" also arrived over the weekend. Both are even more impressive in person and I am very torn about sales. I think I'd like these two to stay with my Taboo in my own china cabinet. They are going to be wonderful to paint and I'll be starting them probably tomorrow.

I was asked to donate to the Meows & Minis live show. Although I'm not much of a cat person, I must admit I do enjoy watching the animal and drawing them and jumped on the opportunity to draw some cats on porcelain. The image above shows the finished product. A pretty 3 1/2" porcelain box with a fun cat design. I'm curious to see how it is received. It's really the first of my china painting that is being offered to the public. Eek!

No comments: