Friday, August 22, 2008

Honestly Trying...

Embrace me


I have been honestly trying to embrace the chores of the house because when things are well kept in my every day life my art life seems to flourish. When things are a wreck I seem to have a hard time creating cause the house is on my mind. Some days I feel victorious with completing the chores, but other days the tasks defeat me. My mind just wanders aimlessly onto art. Even when I make art take a seat and tell it to "hush up" there is something out there just pulling it back to the front of the class.

Today I woke up and set out to accomplish much around the house. It has been two weeks since my son enjoyed an afternoon nap. That means from morning till dusk my house is strewn with toys. Although it is a delight to watch and help him play there is never a short spell during the day where I can let the house take a breather from being a wreck. This "no napping" has been a very big adjustment for me, but today I was determined to clean and get things in gear before we go away for another weekend of fun in the sun and bbqs. All was going well until the mail came. Bills, bills, junk, junk, junk.....and then WAMMO!

LIttle man in the vessel how you tempt me


A gorgeous vessel on an American Fund brochure. "Unearthing Possibilities..." Oh yeah...I think my house is gonna stay dirty for a little while longer. It's time for both me and my son to play with clay. Even if we only roll it around, such a sign is hard to resist for me. Let the dust bunnies have their fun today. I'm off to play.

No comments: