Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sentimental Days

Riding with my sister-in-law


The later part of this week has been a sentimental one. I finally made the move to disassemble the old Mac I own. Slowly going through the programs and lingering files made me recall how I built a small business upon this rugged machine. I found old jpgs and long forgotten pastel tutorials. I learned Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark and GoLive on this one machine. So it was with a bit of sadness that I began to unplug each part from the harddrive this afternoon. This machine was such a huge part of my life that throwing it to the curb seemed like a big injustice so, I called our church and asked if the school needed a Mac. I am pleased to report that it is being welcomed with HUGE open arms. It will go on to teach children the wonders of Photoshop and Illustrator. A wonderful retirement for a good ol friend.

Off into the sunset


This week I also went for my first horseback ride in over 4 years. It was with anxiousness and much nervousness that I put my butt back in the saddle. In my earlier days I would have been rather upset that the ride today, for my niece's sweet 16 party, was a "follow the leader" type excursion, but for the place that I am at in my life right now (aka: nervous mom), following the herd was just what I needed. Today's ride was just enough thrill mixed in with a touch of relaxation. I'm dying to go back.

So, that is where I have been. My mind stuck on sentimental days while I wait for a box load of art supplies to arrive and the season of fall to begin shortly.

No comments: