Monday, August 3, 2009

Workin....

Working the mulberry grey on a china


Workin?

Ok, I really WAS working today...in between some sun sessions and some dips in the pool. LOL The Donna Chaney bone china is making lovely progress and with the new batch of lavender oil that just arrived I can stop fretting about color and application. Without that lavender oil I feel lost. Painting on china with overglazes is sorta like running on the ice with steletos. At least, some days it sure feels that way. Lavender gives the grip needed to make color flow and bend. I hope to have a finish on this boy real soon. Maybe this week?

Workin' hard


Of course, if we get any more gorgeous days in the sun the finish on him will take longer. I mean, it is truly hard to resist the pool on sunny days. I did get a few things prepped though. Prepping is fun to do with my niece Christina by my side. We chat away, then swim...then chat some more. Before I know it, prepping is done. My son sometimes joins in but mostly he was the one that worked today. He had some great pieces today from his work session and I must photograph them so you can see. He is telling stories now with his drawings. FUN!

Now he was workin'!

No comments: