Saturday, December 29, 2012

Days Eight & Nine: Lessons

Days eight and nine found me experiencing many lessons on many different levels. Every experience you have and every person you meet along your journey is suppose to be on your path for varied reasons.

Some lessons within the last two days have been strange yet, also healing in a way. In the evening of the ninth day I found myself in a very loud and happy bar. There was a huge variety of people to draw and I of course had my sketchbook handy. I was most pulled to people of Hawaiian decent because their facial features were unlike anything I had ever drawn before. They posed a most difficult challenge for me because the features broke drawing rules I had become comfortable with. The first of the drawings below successful capture what I was trying to draw. This was, by far, my most difficult live bar sketching session ever.







No comments: