Sunday, December 16, 2012

Winter Landscape

I really haven't been in the holiday spirit this year, but I have longed to see more snow. The colors that appear when and after the snow has fallen are so beautiful. It has only snowed once so far this season. I eagerly await the next snowfall. The colors from this painting were taken from my memory.












"Winter"
Acrylic on Archival Bristol Board.

Sonnet XLVI
Pablo Neruda

Of all the stars I admired, drenched
in various rivers and mists,
I chose only the one I love.
Since then I sleep with the night.

Of all the waves, one wave and another wave,
green sea, green chill, branchings of green,
I chose only the one wave,
the indivisible wave of your body.

All the water drops, all the roots,
all the threads of light gathered to me here;
they came to me sooner or later.

I wanted your hair, all for myself.
From all the traces my homeland offered
I chose only your savage heart.



No comments: