Monday, December 3, 2012

No Place

Most intriguing person to sketch
during this session.

No place is exempt from the urge to sketch when it strikes, not even church. I've been away from my studio for a little while now. Every day chores and life in general have kept me away and it's slowly made me cranky. If the urge to sketch and create go on unfulfilled for too long the urge strikes hard and it doesn't care where I am. I just have to create.

I've been keeping this $.99 store paper and pen with me at all times. It's about 2" x 3" in size and it fits in my pocket discretely. I had it with me while at church this morning when the urge hit. Those being drawn had no clue what I was doing. There is always one person during the sessions that capture my attention fully and today it was an older woman wearing this furry brown hat. She was the first one to be drawn and the one I thought about all day. I don't believe I captured her nose well, but I love the way her hat and coat turned out color wise.

Other sketches from the session.






Step-by-step painting.








"Woman with the brown hat"
Acrylic on watercolor paper.

No comments: