Monday, June 30, 2008

Arg and Dur

Mini Boreas after his jump



Arg...

This past Sunday the family didn't get together for dinner. I was bored and decided to pick up the slack on my house chores and other domestic duties. My first round of business was my living room. Toys, art projects and dust bunnies all shoed away to their appropriate spots. Ahhh...its good to see surfaces again.

I promised myself that this time I would suck it up and brave the china cabinet. It's one of my least favorite chores. I'm always afraid of casualties taking place and arrr....this time around, one did happen. Little Boreas slipped, flipped, and broke. What an awful sound a leg break is. Nothing more to say but, one BIG sigh.


Dur...

I was asked months ago to an interview with the International Porcelain Artists & Teachers, Inc. Magazine. For some unknown reason I popped the due date on the calender as July 1st. Turns out the deadline was JUNE 1st! I totally missed it!!! How I managed to do that is beyond me! (I suspect I got my RESS deadline and IPAT deadlines confused). All I can say is I am truly thankful the editor had to bump things along schedule wise for the following issue and I have a new deadline now....July 15th. Phew...a good turnout to a real DUR moment!

Oh, I almost forgot. I took a few shots of my clean china cabinet for you to see. I like to show it off once and a while.

Left side


Middle of cabinet


Right side


It has actually turned into the focal point of the living room. And yes, if you are wondering my son does stay away. I worked with him from the crawling stages and he has learned that space is "mommy's", however, some days he won't allow me to close the door without first putting "his" horse inside front and center. His steed? The Family Arabian Stallion who has been beaten and chewed. I oblige. When its in the cabinet it is truly my favorite horse. He isn't in this shot cause he was snoozing in the barn upstairs. ;) lol

No comments: