Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Reprieve

Scarlett (n progress) coming along nicely


The heat wave finally broke giving us a reprieve and it is much more pleasant inside and out. My enthusiasm for work has returned and I'm excited to dive into some glazing work again. I have several pots and small ring holders that are awaiting my paw....errm, I mean,*cough* touch.

Naw, just kidding. I've been looking at so many pottery sites and am excited and more optomistic today about my glazing skills. I'm currently taking a small break from the Scarlett resin. She is coming along nicely (chestnut varnish appy), but I need to view her with fresh eyes so today she will have a vacation day.

The vessels that I recently finished are enjoying life carrying liquids, small flowers and even some fruit. Seeing such a bright red display of cherries here for the picking sorta makes one forget I missed a spot of glaze on that bowl. I'm really enjoying this bowl now.

Fruit looks better in hand thrown bowls


I can't end without mentioning that the breeze has been delightful today. Nothing goes better with a delightful breeze than bubbles. I'm not sure how I got this shot but alas, there it was when I downloaded. (All I did was run it through iPhoto, turn it a faded sepia and blur the edges.) I love that his fingertips look like they are taking control of the big bubble. Simple pleasures.

My bubble man

No comments: