Thursday, June 5, 2008

This Week...

Scarlett. A work in progress with some
friends in the background


Scarlett, Independence, Valentine and a Galena resin have all been getting my attention this week. I have been very focused on painting the horses and am pleased to tell owners that their horses will be coming home soon. The Valentine has been my biggest thrill. He was probably the very WORST model I have ever had to prep. It took about four prepping sessions to get him correctly fixed for painting. I have never seen so many pinholes before. Spray him and "pop" out came more pinholes fiercer than before!

The Scarlett is my next sales item. Yes, yes, have to get that sales plug in now. She looks pretty ratty at this stage. She will smooth out and soften up. She is typical of how my roans and varnishes start off. I've decided to paint her a chestnut varnish appaloosa. I mean, how could I not go wild with her? Wild is what everyone wants anyway and I sorta was curious to see how ol Barney's color (he used to be one of the old, old horses down at the barn) would look on this gal. I'm very excited to see her a little more finished.

Galena and an Independence resin


First though, Galena. She is being painted for a very good friend who is in dire need of a pick-me-up right about now. I decided I shouldn't let this resin sit on the shelves any longer. She needs finishing and is almost done. After tonight's entry I'll sit down with some green tea and continue to layer her hair and dapples and work on her hooves. I'm off the hook on her eyes this time around. The owner popped in these nifty glass eyes, so she'll get done quicker than normal. I'll be sure to show off some close up shots when she is complete. She is a stunning resin that I believe would look amazing in just about any color.

Infamous desk shot.
Its really dirty there this week.


Lastly, another infamous "desk shot" completely piled with pigment dust. I haven't even bothered to clean up yet since adding solid base colors to these pieces has been my main focus this week. Once I complete all the pastel work though I'll slowly start to clean up. Phew, gonna be a big job this time around.

No comments: