Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Excitement All Around

The "makeshift" desk in the living room.


Is it Wednesday already? Wow, time is flying! I suppose time's flyin' because there has been much excitement both in the house and studio since the weekend. I haven't had a quiet moment to really sit and enjoy the internet. That includes my blog. So apologies.

First, my brother JJ arrived at my house. He and his business partner had a skate demo for their company (One Skateboard Co.) at Belmont to attend and I was more than happy to let them hang overnight after their long drive in from Phila.

It's always a blast to see my brother and just laugh with him. We just laugh and laugh. Truly the best time for me is when I'm in mid laugh over something silly with him. When I think about Francesco not having a brother or sister to laugh with later on in life I get a bit teary eyed and start thinking perhaps its time for a sibling. I couldn't imagine not having my brother in my life. Through good, through bad, he is one of my closest and best friends. He's also a pretty darned good skater too. His old bones (sorry J...haha...couldn't resist) are still keeping him flying on the deck.

Woo HOo!
Photo by Willy Sions


After he left it was a quick clean up of the house and a fairly good cleaning of the studio. My second visitor (Karen Gerhardt) was coming and it was wonderful to meet her. I only wish she and her sister could have stayed longer. I was so utterly inspired just within the hour they were here. We talked about graphics and china painting. I guess you can say I've been in a "custom glazing" slump recently with no desire to fire up the airbrush.

Thankfully, I feel renewed now and am really dying to get a few things completed and back to trying my hand at airbrushing. Sometimes just a simple tip or explanation of things is all it takes to make the little light bulb go on. I am hopeful things will work a bit better for me when I sit down to custom glaze some of the gorgeous bisque horses I have here in the studio. I've been really timid about touching them, but feel a bit more confident after Karen's visit.

Karen and I take a quick snapshot together


She and I took a quick shot together before she left. I wasn't going to show it, but what the heck. I laughed when it came up on the screen after download. Heehee...I am SOOO very short!!! You can really see it in this photo. My brother is about her height too so there is definitely a "tall" gene in my family. It just totally skipped over me for whatever reason. In any case, I hope Karen and I get a chance to talk in person again sometime soon cause I enjoyed her visit immensely.

Well, work awaits. As you can see above, the TWH is coming along, but needs much more work on him. The big ol' bug that ended his life on this guy was removed from his neck and one wouldn't even know the suicide occured. I'll snag some pictures of him soon, especially of his neck and the repair. It came out flawless and of course I want to show off how "smooth" pastels can be when done properly. ;0)

No comments: