Friday, November 21, 2008

At the Party

A sketch from last night


The egg was very well received last night at the fashion show. It was very bittersweet for me to watch it being handed off to the new owner. I took the time to introduce myself, congratulate her and look at it one last time. Her words, "I wanted to win it because I love pictures of the Madonna and Child" made me feel very happy that I had chosen the subject.

I barely knew anyone at the affair which should have made me feel uncomfortable, but it actually made it more fun and made me look a little bit closer at everyone. I took in their dresses, their faces and their jewelry with my eyes which made me want to draw them. So, I did. No one knew me. I didn't know them which made capturing them easy. I was seeing everyone for the very first time. No preconcieved notions. Everyone was dressed to the hilt workin' their pouts. It was rather fun. I think I captured them looking a bit unhappy more than I captured a pout. But, in any case, here are some of the things I saw:

Sketches from the Party


Very serious.
She wore sunglasses all night.
A big scarf and a chair


A very stylish haircut.
A beautiful boa.


Preparing tickets for the raffle.

No comments: